The majority of digital marketing activities falls within the boundaries of Internet marketing.
In 2019, you have to be sure that you are getting your name and business in front of people. If you aren’t doing this online, you aren’t even coming close to your potential!
Internet Marketing Basics
You need to know some of the basics of internet marketing before you can just jump right into it. Getting some books on the subject are great but consulting with a friend or professional in the space is invaluable. You need to understand the REAL benefits you can gain if you want to understand why internet marketing can be so effective for making money online and building your own unique brand.
So where do we start – well lets cover the main channels of a good internet marketing strategy.
Top 6 Internet Marketing Channels To Build Your Brand
- Website – This can be a personal website or a corporate website or even a personal blog hosted on a shared platform (like WordPress or Tumblr)
- Content Marketing – Probably the most important of all these channels. Content marketing has become the new SEO. This simply means that good content has become the foundation of SEO and it is through content that you will build a better Internet presence.
- Search Marketing (SEM) – Search Marketing is the basis of Internet Marketing and consists of two important activities, SEO and PSA (Paid Search Advertising).
- Social Media Marketing – Social media marketing has received the most attention over the last few years. Millions of users spend much of their day on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn and on other SM platforms. Providing invaluable data on their interests and purchasing behaviors. True internet marketers need to capitalize on this data!
- Email Marketing – Email is not dead -Oh No, my friend! It is still one of the most important tools in every internet marketing campaign. Despite the influence of social media, email is still the most efficient way to convert visitors or readers into buying customers.
- Mobile Marketing – Every year more and more users use their mobile phones to search the web, engage on social media, or find products or services to buy. In fact, it is estimated that over 40% of the traffic coming to a website is from mobile.
Key Takeaway 1: Learn Where You Can
There are a lots of books and blogs on all the channels above. If you’re serious about building an online presence or brand, then set aside time to do this on a weekly if not daily basis. Tools like feedly.com allow you to follow blogs and content that the top movers in your space are creating. You get daily threads on only the most recent information in your niche that you care about. This will allow you to stay ahead of the curve, better yet, give you fantastic ideas for building your own content.
The reality is if you are planning on making ANY kind of living online, with any kind of business model: blogging, eCommerce or selling affiliate products, then you’ll NEED to devote time to studying internet marketing! The more you learn on this subject, the more likely you are to start making money and getting your brand noticed.
If you want more in-depth learning on the subject, there are lots of courses that will help you. I’ve even developed an eCommerce Business Series of my own that teaches aspiring entrepreneurs, step-by-step, how to get their website and online brand off the ground. You’ll learn all the basics from choosing a profitable niche, how to properly brand your business and how to build a working online sales system. (Click here to learn more about my course and use code SAVE10 at checkout to save an additional 10% off)
However, if you want to go a step further well some Colleges and Universities often host classes on why internet marketing is an important aspect of a business. You kind find these classes through the schools website, or through a local small business association.
One of the very best places to learn about internet marketing is from someone who works with it every day. Youtube is a close second – But seriously, if you know anyone in the marketing industry, or can make contacts somehow, do so.
The knowledge you’ll gain in just 10 minutes from someone who has hands-on experience, is worth its weight in gold. You’ll save yourself countless hours of research and avoid many of the mistakes that beginners face when they are just starting out in marketing their business or brand online.
Talk to them whenever you can, and ask them questions regarding why or how internet marketing is so effective for them and how you might be able to replicate those tactics to your own business.
Key Takeaway 2: Look at the Competition
One of the easiest and fastest ways to become a good internet marketer is to take some time to study your competition’s marketing campaigns. The proof is in the pudding. Try to find out how other businesses that are similar to yours as you can are marketing their stuff! This will give you a good idea of how you should be marketing your own products without spending an arm and a leg testing out ‘Ideas’ you have. Start with what works and test when the time is right!
At the end of the day, the answer is quite simple:
If your competition is getting a lot of business and growing, they must be doing something right. Vice versa – If they are failing, you’ll also be able to get some ideas on what not to do. #WINNING!!
As you can see, there are many different ways in which you can learn a lot about internet marketing. Once you know something about it, you will be able to start applying it to your website, your business and your brand. Before long, you’ll start seeing increased traffic and sales to your website or page.
What other channels do you think are important?
Please share your experience or opinions in the comments below.
Thanks for reading If you enjoyed this article. Please leave comment and hit the SHARE BUTTON to help others find it 🙂
If your business needs help with performance and marketing book a FREE strategy call with me Today!